Customer care comes first at The Tanning Shop
At The Tanning Shop customer care is paramount. The Tanning Shop’s responsible approach to tanning and skin care fully complies with the Health and Safety guidelines as produced by the U.K. Health and Safety Executive (HSE). Furthermore, The Tanning Shop’s in-house education and certification programme exceeds the parameters of the guidelines referred to in our tanning experts section.
When you visit The Tanning Shop – you will get all of the following as standard
- A responsible approach to tanning by prohibiting customers with unsuitable skin types
- Very Sensitive Skin typically red/blonde hair, blue/green eyes, very pale skin or would not normally tan in outdoor sun
- A biometric finger print system to protect your minutes and also to ensure only 1 tanning session within the recommended 24 hour period.
- Fully trained staff to advise you and ensure your safety. Most importantly, to provide you with a perfect experience.
- A personal consultation so we understand your skin type and any other factors which may need to be considered prior to treatments and services.
- Lamps that never exceed 80% of manufacturer’s life expectancy.
- A commitment to introduce tanning units which are 0.3 euro norm compliant, providing UV output considered safe and equal to the midday Mediterranean sun by the European Union.
- No under 18’s are permitted to use our UV services; however we provide generous discounts on sunless tanning services.
Your free consultation with your first visit to The Tanning Shop
The free consultation you receive from your tanning consultant enables them to determine your recommended dosage of UV light. This, in part is guided by your skin type. It is very important to establish your skin type as this highlights the way your body responds to UV exposure.
Skin Type 1: Very Sensitive Skin typically red/blonde hair, blue/green eyes, very pale skin or would not normally tan in outdoor sun.
Skin Type 2: Sensitive Skin, typically fair to light brown hair, blue/green/grey eyes, light to medium skin.
Skin Type 3: Normal Skin Sensitivity, typically medium to olive skin, medium to brown hair, grey/brown eyes.
Skin Type 4: Skin very resistant to the sun typically dark olive to light brown skin, dark eyes and dark hair.
To ensure safe tanning and quality results The Tanning Shop advise
The following people are not permitted to use our UV tanning facilities
- Under 18 yrs old (alternatively can have a spray tan)
- Pregnant Women
- People who are currently under medical supervision
- People who are on prescribed medication or take any form of drugs
- Diabetics (alternatively can have a spray tan)
- People who are hyposensitive or hypersensitive to light
- Skin Type 1 (alternatively can have a spray tan)
The following people should seek medical advice before tanning, whether in the natural sun or using artificial tanning
- People who suffer from Epilepsy
- Suffer from dizziness or fainting
- Suffer from headaches or migraines
- People who have a heart condition
- Suffer from irregular blood pressure
- People with hypotension
- Any allergies or suffer with prickly heat
- Anyone who has skin ulcers or sores
- Moles that change appearance