We can’t do all the work for you when it comes to getting that perfect tan at The Tanning Shop. The secret to the perfect tan is tanning preparation and aftercare of the skin!
We can provide the high-tech sunbeds but the rest is down to you. Here are some pre-tanning tips recommended by The Tanning Shop to maintain your tan:
- Exfoliate your skin prior to your tanning session at The Tanning Shop; This will get rid of any dead skin and will make it easier for your skin to activate melanin production providing a bronze tan.
- Moisturise your skin with a non-oil-based lotion after your shower & exfoliate. It’s important to keep the skin hydrated, this will prolong your tan!
- Avoid putting on perfume or deodorant, this can cause a barrier to the UV lamps and your skin.
Here are some tanning aftercare tips recommended by The Tanning Shop:
- When you cleanse your skin ensure you use warm water as opposed to hot water as hot water can remove the natural oils from your skin.
- Always leave 24 hours before repeat tanning – our booking system doesn’t physically let you book another session.
- Avoid shaving after a tanning session as this will remove the top layer of your skin that you have just tanned!
- You can use a tan extender frequently to help maintain your tan and keep skin hydrated, we sell hemp nation tan extender in-store!
Following these tips will ensure a longer-lasting tan and you will be getting the most out of your tanning session at The Tanning Shop!
Our fully trained tanning consultants can also provide the best tips & advice when it comes to tanning & provide you with a personalised tanning plan to suit you!